1. Autumn is coming! Just this morning, I woke to a cool breeze for the first time in months. I've never done decorating for the seasons, mostly because I feel like a lot of it is dated and tacky. Just being honest. But I luuurve these two pumpkin DIY ideas. The first for inside and the second for our front porch. So cute!
Velvet pumpkin tutorial found on Martha. Who else. ;)
Painted pumpkins found on Pinterest
2. You KNOW I love me some succulents. I have been wanting to do this awesome project for the longest time! I just read through the instructions last night and realized I can use clippings from my overgrown succulent garden outside, so it will cost me next to nothing. Score!
DIY instructions for an indoor succulent picture frame found at Better Homes and Gardens.
3. This scarf necklace from Anthropologie makes me happy every time I see it. The only thing that doesn't make me happy is the price - a whopping $148.00. I will be making this one day for less than $20 in materials, thank you.
4. I have been looking for the perfect accent pillow for our master bedroom for a year now. A year! I have finally realized I'm not going to find it. Instead, I've opted to take a grey bolster pillow I found at West Elm and add a french knot treatment to it to create something like this. Obviously in yellow to compliment my color scheme. :)
French knot tutorial found here.
5. I really need to finish my family tree project. I know. I haven't lost excitement for it at all, believe me! But finding things that explain who a person is without being tacky or too obvious is a challenge! I'll be including techniques like quilling and vintage printing like these pictures very soon in the next few shadowboxes.
6. I need this in my foyer before the weather turns bad and Andrew ruins our hardwood floors. An easy thing to make, so I'm sure it will happen sooner than later.
Martha's pebbled tray for winter shoes found here.
7. I know this is not a new idea. In fact, it's overused and uninspired. But I've never done it before and I really want to try!!
Bokeh shapes tutorial found here.
8. You've seen this image on Barker House Love before, but at the time, I just thought it was cool. I've now decided that I must make it. :) There's no tutorial on this that I could find in all of internet-land, but it seems pretty straight forward. The only thing I may run into is it turning out uneven or running out of pages. But we'll see I guess!
9. This leather mirror from Serena & Lily is stunning and so sophisticated. It's also $295.00. Sigh.
I'm thinking I could take this mirror from IKEA and add a belt to it, though. Eh? It's only $20, so if I hate it, no biggee.
These are all things I'd like to finish before Christmas season. I know, I'm dreaming. But I have a whole new list of things to make for the holidays!