June 14, 2011

summer lovin'

Are you as jazzed about the heat as I am?  I am seriously loving this scorching summer, along with the thoughts of gardening, succulent pots and outdoor entertaining.  Chalk that last sentence up with things I thought I'd never say.  Especially the gardening part.  Today I was stressing from work responsibilities.  When that happens, I usually go shopping for an hour to clear my head.  But today...I went to Lowe's and bought a bunch of succulents, dug my hands in the dirt and potted a beautiful new plant.  Best stress reliever ever!!!

We don't have a patio as of yet, but I dream of one day having an amazing outdoor room.  Because of our HOA, we'd probably go with something like this...
 or maybe this...
 If I live in NYC and had an amazing terrace, I would totally go this route...
If I lived in Dilworth or somewhere else in the city with tons of character and no HOA, I'd go crazy and do something along these lines...



 If I lived on the coast, it would be this...

And this is my ultimate spa-like dream of a backyard oasis.  Love the neutrals here...





You know me.  I have to have at least one yellow option. :)
Do you have an outdoor room dream?  This article from Design Sponge is a great resource to make that happen!  Happy summer!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!