October 13, 2010

Etsy Obsession

Hello, my name is Rachel and I am an Etsyholic.

If you don't know what Etsy is, it's an online shop filled with handmade, vintage, and all things beautiful.  The items are sold by individuals, not by corporations.  Here are some of my favorite shops from the wide world of Etsy:

Hammermann - I am smitten over the hammered spoons and vintage mason jars.  The items are carefully and thoughtfully found/produced.  The style goes along perfectly with my aesthetic and you better believe as soon as I get around to my kitchen and outdoor garden, I'll be placing a large order here.



Jean Pelle - On the top of my wish list for my dining room is this bare bones chandelier.  I thought about trying to make it myself, but I think instead I'll support an artist and buy it.

SpinThread Jewelry - If anyone needs an idea for a Christmas present for me *hint hint* I am gaga over this handmade jewelry by SpinThread.  I'm not much of a jewelry person to be honest, but I do believe I would make an exception for these works of art.



IS Photography - I not only want to buy everything Irene has made, I want to be her.  Her travel photography with a twist makes my heart leap every time I see it.  I keep holding off on buying something from her because I think "I could totally do that".  But...not so sure.  She's pretty amazing.






OK so now it's your turn.  What are some of your favorite shops and why?

4 comments:

  1. well, i'm not much of a shopper online or otherwise but i do cruise this etsy shop quite a bit now because the owner of it is a sweet friend of mine and i just found the absolute perfect christmas gift for someone from her site.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/vintagetownsquare

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all those photographs! Get's me excited about the state fair shoot I have tomorrow, and going to the hot air balloon fest in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just found Etsy and I LOVE it! It's like the coolest site ever!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!