May 20, 2011

Family Tree - me

When I thought of what to do for my part of the family tree project, I knew I wanted to show a few different sides of me.  The photographer had to be showcased, of course, but it definitely was not going to be the focus.  Those of you who have only known me for a few years know me as "the photographer" but before that I was known as "Rachel".  And that's it.

I also wanted to show my crafty side, some of my favorite things, and some of my favorite people.  Here's what I came up with.


The linen background is one of my favorite fabrics.  Yellow is my favorite color.  The bird cross stitch shows my crafty side.  The coral glass beads are a souvenir from my recent trip to Ghana and show my love of nature inspired design but not necessarily nature itself.  The locket includes a few picture I've taken of my favorite two people in the world - Andrew and Emma.  And yes, I said people when I referred to my dog.

Two down, ten to go.  These will eventually go in my hall archway displayed kind of like this inspiration picture.

I have a feeling the final product will look even better than the inspiration.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. this is unbelievable BEAUTIFUL! It is the perfect mix of elements, layer and texture; perfect dose without too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! I'll pay you to do my family next. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!