June 14, 2010

Get Inspired: Shopping Malls

OK I know what you're thinking...the MALL?!  How generic and unimaginative can you get?  Well, I beg to differ.  There are some excellent resources at the mall that I pull from for inspiration and purchases often!  You just have to know where to look.  If you are looking in department stores, expect to find department store stuff.  I personally despise department stores.  But that's just me.  Here's a few places I shop that I LOVE for the home:


Anthropologie - This place makes me drool every time I step in the door.  I've also recently found out that they have crazy good sales! Holla!!!!  I got my living room rug there 65% off, which made it less expensive than some of the cheap ones I was looking through at IKEA and West Elm.  They are also artistic in every form, completely original and bring an element of FUN to every piece.  Some of my wishlist items from this amazing store:



Urban Outfitters - I <3 this place.  I've been shopping here since college and it just doesn't get old.  The best part about this place?  It's a cheaper, younger version of Anthropologie.  Don't you just love their stuff?!



Pottery Barn - This store is different from the last two.  I will buy less pieces from here, but what I DO buy will be the more substantial purchases.  I'm buying our bed and all our outdoor furniture from this store.  Why?  Pottery Barn is classic and will not go out of style.  I want to buy investment furniture that will stick with me for 40 years.  If I did that at Anthropologie, I'd regret it.  So, I buy solid pieces from here and accents from the fun stores.  Make sense?

PS The outlet store is my hero.



Restoration Hardware - Pick my jaw up off the floor, this place is amazing.  I can't afford it, but I can dream, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!